Friday, September 28, 2012

Frank C. on Jersey Shore

Hey, how you doin'?  Estase is letting me vent again, so I think I'll talk cable today.  My favorite thing on cable is that Turner Classic Movies.  I never saw a bad movie with Glenn Ford.  Maybe he made one, but if he did, I never saw it.  I don't think Greg Peck made too many bad movies either.  Ever see The Big Country?  That's the schizzle, right there.  It had Berl Ives in it too.  I love that line, where Greg Peck says, "I can't control what people think of me.  I can only control what I am."  Wow, that coulda come outta the Bible or something.  Unfortunately, most people now are worried much more about what people think of them than what they are.  That's pretty effed up, excuse my language.  My son is into that Facebook thing.  I don't know if I understand the point of something where you have 78 friends, only five of which you've seen in the last ten years, and play a game where you pretend you're a farmer.  What do ya pretend your back hurts and you're broke?  I think I'll invent a game called MidasVille.  You pretend to be a mechanic and get virtual torn up knuckles.  But back to TV.  I lost most of my interest in TV around the time Survivor was put on.  Think of it as Gilligan's Island, but without the interesting plot and the jokes.  The guy that won the first season liked to walk around naked.  In my neighborhood, about ten seconds after he pulled that garbage, he'd be tackled to the ground and cops would be on the way.  REALITY TV.  Reality, my ass.  Nobody ever paid me to live in a house with six alcoholic Italians.  Now a bunch of alcoholic anglo-saxons living together had already been done.  It's called a fraternity. 

No comments: